Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my brand new blog, created in conjunction with the creation of my new website, new business name and a whole new image.  After attending a seminar in Australia this week, I decided to change things around and step up to the next level with my photography and the first thing I have to get organised is my business.  I have decided to take it from something which is a fairly casual affair to something bigger...and better.  And I cannot tell you how excited I am!  So keep an eye out here and as soon as the new website is up and running, I will let you know.  There will be special offers and a couple of competitions.  More to follow soon...
And speaking of competitions...I have been chosen as one of 23 finalists in the Professional category of the KL Portrait Awards contest for 2009!  The winner is decided on by public vote, so i will also be posting a link to the competition's voting page when it becomes available.  Voting starts March 20th.  I remember telling a good friend of mine that if i just made it as a finalist I would be happy.  And when I got the email telling me I HAD, well, i quite literally jumped for joy.  I was at the Westin Hotel in Melbourne at the time and am not quite sure what the people in the rooms next door thought as i really did scream out rather loudly!  The image above is the one the judges chose.  After attending the above mentioned seminar, which was incidentally the Rob Heyman Photography workshop (more on that later) I think I will probably do a little more work on this before I send the large file for them to print.  It could do with a little more darkening and Olivia (my muse and model) could do with a some shadowing to add a little depth.
Ok, well that is it for my first post.  All that remains to get this show on the road is to show you the kind of work I will be focusing on more from now on.  I have decided to move away slightly from the super bright kinds of images of late and produce more classical images...images I acutally prefer. Images that won't date quite so quickly.  Sure, anyone who wants the modern, funky, bright and colourful stuff can have it, but I want Light Songs to be more about beauty and elegance.  All with a modern twist of course.
So, hope you enjoy these images...
Back soon,
Kerry :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kerry on your new blog AND for being a finalist - how awesome!! This photo is just beyond beautiful, wow....best of luck with the competition xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted an opportunity to express how taken I've been with your photographs. I happened upon one of them by chance in an image search and began flipping through your collection on Flickr. I'm not a photographer, so I have no Flickr account, but I just had to tell you how affecting your pictures were: so evocative, whimsical, but absolutely earthy and human. I was delighted, therefor, to stumble across your blog. Actually, I had ideas about contacting you for a portrait session or two. I'm a music student in Chicago and do a lot of song writing (I'm in the process of putting a team together to record my first CD). It appears, however, you don't actually live in the United States, an idea I admit rather sheepishly, which never occurred to me. All this to say, there is something truly remarkable about your photography. And, should we ever end up on the same continent, I'd still love the opportunity to work with you.

    ReplyDelete